Residential Contents is a term used to describe the typical furniture and furnishings within and around a home. It may be the case that there is no single item, set, or group that has significant value but the aggregate of all the contents create a value that must be determined. Typical reasons individuals, families, and professionals in a fiduciary role require an independent, certified appraisal report are:
- Divorce Settlement
- Valuation as of date of death for Estate Settlement
- Equitable Distribution among multiple beneficiaries
- Charitable Donation to remove all contents
- Insurance Coverage and Damage Claim Resolution
- Awareness of unknown valuable items
Unlike estate auctioneers and resale dealers, as disinterested appraisal professionals we have no desire to purchase or profit from your items. Our service is focused on providing a third-party, independent accurate valuation. The service typically involves an in-residence examination, then in-office research and report production. We may be able to provide a cost-saving remote appraisal from item images and brief descriptions you provide, depending on the nature of the contents.